Thursday, October 12, 2006

Puss in Boots and the 50 Foot Bottle



Nathaniel loves his mother a lot and while that will always ring true, he has another love that he indulges in as often as he can... his bottle. It turns the night into day, frowns into smiles, and parking tickets into winning lottery numbers. (Nathaniel is not sharing those numbers with us.) His whole body goes rigid as a 2x4 the minute he latches onto the bottle, almost like he is thinking "If I don't move a muscle, maybe this fortuitous situation won't change." He likes to grab onto a lock of hair with the left hand and help daddy hold the bottle just right with the other hand. His eyes lock onto the bottle holder with a Puss in Boots stare, saying "you wouldn't think of taking this bottle from me ..." And yet I have to do just that.
When I try to burp him ( every 2 ounces during the whole bottle) he goes ballistic. Usually I have to assure him that I'm going to give the bottle right back as soon as I'm done. I really enjoy the feeding times.

No comments: