Monday, August 07, 2006

100th Post = Celebration Contest


Its taken 248 days, but I've made it to 100 posts. It has been an awesome adventure! To celebrate, I decided to throw a contest for the three regular subscribers to my blog ( you know who you are!). Actually, it's open to anyone who stumbles across the contest before it is finished. All you have to do is tell me the importance/history of the picture attached to this post. If you are the first post that accurately describes the photo, you will win a most coveted possession. A delicacy beyond desciption, a piece of heaven on earth, ambrosia from above: a 9x9 pan of my homemade lasagna. If that doesn't get you motivated, I'll buy you a treat at Brusters, now that I am off my diet.

5 comments:

Lanell said...

so, how many guesses do we get?

Nate said...

You can guess all you want, but I'm going to need the date, and place the photo was taken along with the importance of the red phone. There are some really good clues in the photo! Happy sleuthing!

Nate said...

We have a winner! Congrats Lanell. She will post the solution or let you stew over the puzzle for a while. Her call.

Lanell said...

First 9-1-1 call? On February 16, 1968, Rankin Fite, the Alabama Speaker of the House made a 9-1-1 call to U. S. Representative Tom Bevill. Bevill picked up the bright red phone at the police station in Haleyville, Alabama and answered the call.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about lanell's answer, but I think the phone should be orange.

djb