Thursday, May 25, 2006

My Trial By Ice Cream



Tuesday was single-handedly the hardest day of my life diet. It was my mother-in-law's birthday (but thats not the hard part!) We all went on a very nice picnic and while they chomped down on whoppers from Burger Serf, I found some irrestible bark to gnawl on (but thats not the hard part!). What follows in my narrative is a harrowing tale of a tormented soul. The faint of heart should close one eye before continuing to read.


We stopped at Brusters to get Ice Cream. So many choices, flavors, aromas. Mom and Dad ordered two huge carmel cashew waffle cones. I was salivating from the parotid, the submandibular and the sublingual glands. All I had to do was speak the words, "I'll have one of those too" and my torture would end. But alas, my will was truly more powerful than the spare tire I've been carrying around for oh so long. By the way, I weighed in this morning ...


191 pounds down from 207 (I round up like a cowboy!)

No comments: