Saturday, February 25, 2006

Why Pinewood Derby Rocks My World

 

I remember my Pinewood Derby car in the days of yore ... (yore = dinosaurs) It was called "The Black Widow". All black, sleek looking ride with a deadly red hourglass on the top. Ironically, I'm terrified of spiders now ... thanks in whole to the "watched it when I was too young" (18 years old!) movie Arachnophobia but I digress. One more quick thing ... Here are two more movies that fall under the same category of too young ... The Dark Crystal and It .


I filmed a pinewood derby in Columbus Georgia and this has to be the best shot of the night! This car is entirely airborne and the black spot is a free rolling wheel! I must have watched the video of this 40 times now. At the Pinewood Derby, I brought a video camera, a TV, and a ReplayTV. I could do instant replays and photo finish shots of the races. The crowd really loved it! Posted by Picasa

No comments: