Thursday, February 16, 2006

Insert Funny Title Here

 

Nothing funny about a car accident. Way too soon for me to even think this was funny. I was involved the cause of a car accident today. I am grateful to the Lord that neither I nor the occupants of the other vehicle were injured (1!). Their car was thrown into the oncoming lanes of traffic ( because they had their steering wheel turned before they were ready to execute the turn which my dad also warned me about doing). Fortunately, even at rush hour times, there was a lull in the traffic (2) and the oncoming cars were able to see the accident from afar and respond accordingly. Their car suffered pratically no damage from the rear end (3), while mine looks analogous to a crushed aluminum can. When the police officer arrived, he held up traffic so I could move my vehicle out of the way. I called Raquelle and asked her to print me off an insurance card. She came promptly and safely. The couple in the car were Mexican and spoke virtually no English. I was able to translate the police officer's questions and instructions for them and tell the officer what they were saying (4). The police officer thanked me for the assistance translating, saying I really helped him out. The lights are all busted except for one of the high beam bulbs, meaning that I could still legally drive it home. (5) The numbers are the blessings in disguise of this whole ordeal. Oh, and please leave a comment about what the title of this post should be. Funniest or most fitting one wins! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FOR SALE BY OWNER

Nate said...

Very funny JJ ... you're in the lead!

Nate said...

Raquelle's title: How to Convert Your Toyota Corolla into a Geo Metro with One Easy Step