Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Baptism of Jesus S. G.

 

I had the priveledge of performing my first baptism since my mission. I was quite honored when the missionaries showed up at my doorstep a few days before the baptism. I have offered my services to give a talk for Jesus' baptism and the Elders were delighted. The Elders asked me rather than give the talk if I would be willing to perform the baptism. You see, Elders are encouraged to get members of the church to perform the baptisms. This helps in the transition of the new member of the church to full fellowship and knowing members of his ward. The Elders continue visiting Jesus, but their role lessens as they continuing finding others to teach and the members embrace the new converts. I was doubly thrilled to discover I was to perform the baptism in Spanish. Most of the evenings program was in Spanish and was a pleasure to attend. Posted by Picasa

No comments: