Saturday, July 29, 2006

You Are Invited to a House Warming Party



Sometimes, when holding my little son, he is passing gas. Giggles and phrases like "ahhh .... how cute ..." usually sound from all those who hear him. Funny, that doesn't happen when I toot my own horn.

Although this post isn't about Nathaniel, it is about gas. I know what you are thinking ... "Not about Nathaniel? Don't you love your own son?" Well I mentioned him so I got him covered.

House closing was scheduled for Friday 11am. We made all the arrangements at work and home to be there. At 10am, I receive a call saying that we need to move the closing to later in the afternoon. So we rearrangeme our schedules and set a final walk through at 2:30 pm and closing at 3:30pm.

On the way up to the house, I jokingly say " Wouldn't it be funny (funny ironic in the sense of everything we have already gone through with the house) if the house sprung a gas leak and blew up and there was nothing left but ashes when we got there?"

Well, when we walked through the house, Jenny said that she needed to show us something. She takes us to the master bedroom, there is a huge section of the wall ripped out. Turns out that a nail struck a gas line and there had been a gas leak.

The gas leak has been patched and house was finally closed. During the closing, we demanded that we own the movie rights to this house building drama!!!

2 comments:

Lanell said...

I can't believe you actually got to close on the house! With everything that has happened with it, I would have been suprised if something didn't go wrong during the walk through!! When I saw the pic I thought the house had seriously blown up! So, when do you get to move in?

Nate said...

Move in T-minus 45 hours, 48 minutes, or for the laymen, Monday 6pm.